Here are the 7 steps from The Daniel Plan:
7 STEPS TO OPTIMAL DIGESTIVE HEALTH
- Eat whole unprocessed foods. Make sure to include plenty of fiber from foods like vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
- Eliminate food allergies. If you think you have food sensitivities, try an elimination diet. Cut out gluten, dairy, yeast, corn, soy, and eggs for a week or two and see how your gut feels and what happens to your other symptoms.
- Treat any infections or overgrowth of bugs – Parasites, small bowel bacteria, and yeasts can all inhibit proper gut function. You must treat these infections if you want to heal.
- Replenish your digestive enzymes. When you don't have enough digestive enzymes in your gut, you can't properly convert the foods you eat into the raw materials necessary to run your body and brain. Take broad-spectrum digestive enzymes with your food to solve the problem.
- Rebuild your rain forest of friendly bacteria. Take probiotic supplements. They will help you rebuild the healthy bacteria so essential to good gut health.
- Get good fat. Take extra omega-3 supplements, which help cool inflammation in the gut.
- Heal your gut lining. Use gut-healing nutrients such as glutamine and zinc to repair the lining in your gut so it can resume its normal function.
I have been taking Advil every day for a long time. According to the above steps, I need to stop. So that is one thing I am going to try. Making an appointment with the Chiropractor will be a must because the only way I can function without Advil is to get regular adjustments. I'm on track with steps one and two. What bothers me about step three is it does not tell you how one would be aware of such infections or overgrowths. I do always have thrush on my tongue so maybe a yeast cleanse is in order. I am going to use CandiGone and stop eating sugar for two weeks. Next, I am going to add digestive supplements, zinc, and Omega 3, and Glutamine to my daily vitamins. I already take probiotics and prebiotics.
So here's my plan:
Make an appointment with the Chiropractor and go off Advil
Stop eating sugar
Take CandiGone for whatever a full cycle is
Get Zinc, Omega 3, Glutamine, and Digestive Enzymes to add to my daily vitamins
I take Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, D3, Boswellia, and a multivitamin
I am doing pretty well on my diet. I have no cramps or bloating. My only disappointment is the few foods I can eat. Thank goodness for the Daiya products and the Lactaid products. I could be more imaginative in how I cook, but I work full time and I'm in graduate school, who has time?
More later. Thanks, Heather